Providing strength, helping to reduce warehouse and freight costs, increasing stacking limits, and superior product protection, GP Bulk containers are built better, not just bigger.
Safety. Sustainability. Customer Focus. Innovation. Quality. Value Creation. These are the strands in our DNA that set us apart. When you take a closer look, you’ll discover that they are evident in everything we do.
Georgia-Pacific Success Story: Beverage Preforms Manufacturer
How Georgia-Pacific’s Customer-Focused Approach Helped Increase Efficiency for a Leading Beverage Packager
To reduce its carbon footprint and improve safety, a major manufacturer of preforms for the beverage industry was searching for a new and more efficient bulk packaging solution. Reused an average of four times, its conventional bulk boxes were 45-inches tall and stacked three or four high. This type of system posed a safety risk as boxes would weaken and sag, leaving them vulnerable to leaking or collapsing.
As a result, the customer was searching for a user-friendly returnable system that would be sturdy, cost-effective and sustainable.
Georgia-Pacific investigated three different approaches for the company:
- Strengthening the existing design
- Incorporating plastic returnable solutions
- Incorporating hybrid returnable solutions
This involved a complete cost analysis and field test on each alternative to determine the best solution.
Georgia-Pacific discovered that the hybrid returnable’s strength allowed the customer to stack boxes six
The hybrid returnable solution allowed the customer to attain its goals of increased sustainability and cost-efficiency, including:
- An initial material savings of over $1 million, the sleeves have lasted three times longer than originally anticipated so the savings continue to grow
- A decrease of 20 to 40 percent in needed floor space for storage, depending on the plant
- A reduction in transportation and freight costs