Every year approximately 2 billion tons of waste – 170 million tons in the U.S. alone – ends up in landfills or incinerators. Much of this is paper and plastic that could be recycled but isn’t because it’s contaminated or difficult to separate.
- Captures stream that can’t currently be recycled because of food contamination and coatings
- Can divert up to 90% of commercial waste processed from landfills; more efficient than waste to energy
- Recycled fiber source for paper mills
- Ability to recover metals and plastics for beneficial reuse
- WARM model projects 1.0 tons of CO2e diversion for each ton of waste processed
- First unit has capacity to process 300 tons / day and 100,000 tons / year
Georgia-Pacific is building its first Juno® Technology installation in the Pacific Northwest. Anticipated start up is mid 2021.
- Solution for office buildings, airports, quick-serve restaurants and large venues
- In large metro areas provides…
- Recycling solution
- Fiber source for paper mills
- Company participation in and/or use of Juno fiber in containerboard and corrugated packaging improves sustainability story for consumer brands’ packaging
- Global expansion; licensing and co-investment
How does it work?
Our proprietary process starts by sanitizing the waste in our Juno®Clave, a specialized, heated chamber to remove contaminants
We then separate the valuable materials—mostly paper fibers, plastics and metals—which are now suitable for recycling
Lastly, we convert the organic material into biogas that can be used in a variety of applications